[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VII - Into the Land of Mists <in tower>

J L tolrick_stonecleaver at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 16:03:32 PST 2006

[GM]
The boy nods.  "Very good.  One last question remains,
and then the gate shall allow you through."

The boy pauses, nods once or twice, as if responding
to someone, and then asks "Will you save the
Coalition?"
[/GM]

[Lady Frost]
"What?  Great.  I just had to ask for the hard ones."

Frost turned to the group, clearly not offering an
answer yet.

"Guys, I can't answer this one without something more.
 From what I know of the Coalition, it's the kind of
regime I'd have fought against back home, risking life
and limb to bring them down.  On the other hand, it's
citizens aren't at fault for what it does and they do
deserve protection.  I'd probably risk my life to save
them."

She glanced back to the questioner, then returned her
gaze to the others.
"Besides, it sounds like he's waiting for a decision,
not an answer to a riddle.  Say 'yes' and we may not
have any choice but to defend it against some other
heroes.  Say 'no' and a lot of innocent people might
die by our inaction."

It was clear that Frost was not pleased by _this_ turn
of events.
[/Lady Frost]