[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VII - Into the Land of Mists <outside>

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 13:12:48 PST 2006

> [Bongo]
> Bongo looks a bit skeptical at the new arrival, but says nothing until the
> explosion rocks the area.
>
> "Frag almighty... I knew it had to go sour sometime..." he mutters as he
> drops to a crouch and prepares to lay down some covering fire.
>
> Hearing Alex's radio broadcast he adds, "Brilliant plans not necessary --
> but quick ones are."
> [/Bongo]

> [Ted]
> "Someone is trying to shell the tower. Your friends are going to be trapped
> if we don't get them out of there!" the lizard man.

Radios sqwawk again.  "My friends this is Talas. I believe we have what you
asked for. We have come across a portal in the tower's basement. I'll meet
you at the top of the Tower. Talas Out!"
[/GM]

> [Bongo]
> "Roger that," Bongo mutters then adds under his breath, "Out of the frying
> pan and into the portal -- now where have I heard _THAT_ idea before?"
> [/Bongo]

> [Alex]
> "Acknowledged" comes a kurt reply. She yells to everybody outside, "Let's
> get in the tower and through the  portal. Don't love the idea of another
> portal but no choice." The CS Ranger begins backing up into the tower.
> [/Alex]

> [Kyle]
> "Get to the Tower, I will cover you."
>
> Kyle hits his jets to get out of the area of effect and lays down covering fire
> and then follows the party into the tower.
> [/Kyle]

[GM]
As the others make for the tower, Kyle's covering fire does a fair job
of blasting
holes and the landscape and in the odd attacker.  Rather than dissipating,
however, the strange mist seems to be getting thicker.

There is a second boom and another explosion, this one hitting near
the old tower
and causing many of the stones to fall off.  Several cracks appear in the tower.

> Ted runs to the tower entrance, waiting for the others to catch up. He looks
> to see if it is safe enough to go inside before deciding to do so. "Hurry or
> your friends may be killed."

As Ted is assessing the entrance of the tower, he is suddenly confronted by
a women, icy-blue (OOC: I hope Lady Frost is in her icy form).  He does not
recognize her, nor does she him.

There's no time for introductions, though, as a third explosion hits close to
Alex, knocking her to the ground.  The mist, if possible, is getting
thicker, and
the tower can now be barely made out.  Even Kyle's SAMAS optics can't seem
to pierce this, though the hoarde can be heard approaching, and now there is
stray gun fire as they seem to be firing randomly into the cloud.

Phaeton runs up to the door.  "For the moment, he is trusted." he says to Lady
Frost.  "I feel the earth groaning, and if there is an escape below
the tower, then
we must go now."

He turns to the others.  "This smoke, magical or whatever it is, seems
to confuse
the enemy as well.  Quickly, before someone comes for which no mist holds any
secrets!"  With that Phaeton runs inside.

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/