[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VII - Into the Land of Mists <in tower>

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 13:13:05 PST 2006

> > [GM]
> > Suddenly, even as Osiris finishes speaking, the tunnel floor pitches
> > violently from an explosion far above.  A large crack appears in the
> > ceiling and a few alarming pieces of stone fall noisily to the ground.
> >
> > Lena cries.  "Something must be happening above!"

> As chaos rains down on those inside the tower, radios chirp and Alex
> can be heard.
>
> "Hawk to someone inside. We have problems. Anybody have any
> escape ideas?"
> [/GM]

> [Talas]
> Talas responds to both Alex and Bongo's request "My friends this is
> Talas. I believe we have what you asked for. We have come across a
> portal in the tower's basement. I'll meet you at the top of the Tower. Talas
> out!"
> [/Talas]

[GM]
Alex and Bongo both confirm reception.
[/GM]

> [Lady Frost]
> After recovering her footing, and checking to make sure nobody fell
> through the portal, she turns and heads up the stairs.
>
> "The rest of you hold out here.   Talas, I'll go to the front and help the
> non-fliers get inside safe. Let them know I'm coming."
>
> Half-way up the stairs and expecting the response, she calls back to
> him..  "And don't call me 'my lady'."
> [/Lady Frost]

[GM]
Within moments of Lady Frost's departure, the ground shudders with
another explosion.  A large stone dislodges from the ceiling and everyone
runs for cover, but it is too late for Osiris, whose legs are pinned underneath
the enormous rock.
[/GM]

[Osiris]
Osiris cries out in pain.  Even his armor was insufficient to block all the
force of the rock's fall.

"I think my legs are crushed," he gasps.
[/Osiris]

[GM]
Yet another explosion comes, and now several large stones lie between the
portal and the rest of the room.

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/