[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VIII - The Portal And Beyond...

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 16:28:07 PST 2006

> > [Bongo]
> > The dog boy looks around to see the stone blown to smithereens and
> > realizes sadly that Osiris is right.  He turns back to the Cyber-Knight
> > and pats him on the shoulder, the look in his eyes changing from sadness
> > to grim determination.  "Then give 'em hell my friend." He clutches the
> > scroll tightly and dashes off into the portal.
> > [/Bongo]

> [Alex]
> Cyber knights always seem suicidal to her. Just throw a few grenades and
> jump through the portal. The Knight instead wants to die noblely. Instead
> of arguing though, Alex dashes into the portal.

Phaeton bows to Osiris and then dashes after Alex and Bongo.  The three
enter the portal, feeling something akin to an electric shock.

They join the rest of the company in what looks like yet another underground
passage.  Unlike the cavernous tunnel they left behind, however, this one is
more like some sort of service tunnel, with pipes and electrical wires
hanging from the ceiling and walls.  A strange glowing slime lights the
passage.

For Bongo, Alex, Rod, Kyle and Lady Frost, there's something vaguely
familiar about it...

Suddenly noises can be heard in the distance, and one of them sounds a lot
like some large and metallic.  To Bongo's ears, a few voices can be dimly
heard, though not loud enough to make anything particularly clear.

Suddenly Arden collapses.  His eyes roll back into his head and he begins
whimpering.  "Not... right place...  Do not interfere... Must find other
portal quickly...  Hide from yourselves and then seek Hell's Half Acre...
above ground."

Arden then goes limp.  The voices are getting closer.

Aaron Clausen	mightymartianca at gmail.com

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/