[Taocow PBEM] Chapter IX - In The Ruins Of Old Chicago

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 23:10:52 BST 2006

> [Lady Frost]
> "Ok, I think that answers the question."
>
> As Angelica grabs Arden by the belt, Frost grabs his waist and begins
> to help pull him backwards, away from the controls.  With her strength,
> she was sure that either he has to let go, or the movement would force
> him to level the craft out.
>
> "Come on.  All work and no play might make Jack a dull boy, but Bongo
> needs to fly now."
> [/Lady Frost]

[GM]
Arden lashes out at Lady Frost, but is unable to land a punch.  The
hovervehicle does level out somewhat.

> Ted pulls himself to his feet and shakes off the blow Arden had given
> him. Then he looks around the cabin.  He finds an available seat and
> sets down next to Bongo and asks if he needs any assistance.
> [/Ted]

OOC: There's no door dividing the cabin.

> [Bongo]
> "Thanks," Bongo mutters as the two ladies drag Arden off of him.  "Now
> everyone strap yourselves in and pray to whoever that I'm about to become
> the greatest hover-truck pilot that ever lived!"
>
> He grips the controls and does his best to avoid both crashing and being
> pulverized by the Death's Head's weaponry.
> [/Bongo]

[GM]
Clearly Arden's mad intervention has left the vehicle too much out of
control, even with Lady Frost's intervention.  Bongo attempts to pull up
as some sort of ancient radio tower approaches, but he can't get sufficient
altitude and the company feels a horrible shudder and terrible metallic
tearing sound.

The floor of the cabin opens up underneath Alex's and Osiris's feet,
revealing the ground below.  Lights flash all over the control board,
alerting Bongo that one thruster is non-operative and another is only
running at thirty percent.  Worse, steering is heavily damaged and
the two of the landing gear can't lower.  Bongo manages to keep the
hovercraft in the air, but he realizes that without repairs, the craft
is all but unsteerable even if he keeps it airborne.

Kyle sees the craft strike the tower from his position and can clearly
see that it has been damaged.

Both Kyle and Bongo can clearly see that two Skycycles have spotted them.
One is moving on an intercept course for the hovervehicle while the other
speeds back, obviously towards the Death's Head Transport's position.

As if that isn't enough, Angelica, as she keeps Arden hoisted up,
suddenly notices a shadow cross over them.  She looks up to see some
sort of flying reptile, a pterodactyl, above them, with a white-skinned
man with pink eyes and black robes, riding atop...
[/GM]

OOC: Where is Kyle?  Oh Kyle!!!!

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com

Palladium Rifts PBEM: