[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VIII - The Portal And Beyond

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 12:07:58 PST 2006

OOC: Hoping Alex and Kyle's players would post, but oh vell, we'll
give 'em a chance by not doing initiative at this point, so as not to
make an entire combat round.

> > [GM]
> > Even as Osiris and Phaeton arm themselves, the wolves leap over  a pile of
> > rubble, their enormous maws ready to rend flesh from bone, and,  by the looks
> > of them, armor from flesh!
> > [/GM]

> [Bongo]
> "Do you remember them NOW, Frost?"  Bongo quips with a smirk as he  raises
> his rifle and squeezes off a long burst from his C-12, aiming for the closest
> D-Wolf's head.
> [/Bongo]

[GM]
As the first D-wolf appears over the rubble, Bongo's well-aimed shot
strikes it head
on, knocking it back against the pile and catching its fur on fire.
It howls woefully
as it tries to get up.
[/GM]

> [Lady Frost]
> "Actually, I was inside when you guys were playing with Fido."
>
> Drawing upon her power Frost creates a huge bone made of ice and hurls it at
> one of the approaching wolves.
>
> "Fetch!"
> [/Lady Frost]

[GM]
The ice bone catches the wolf on its flank, and knocking it way just as it was
about to attack Rod.
[/GM]

> [Lady Frost]
> Amid the wolfen howls of pain Frost shrugs.  "Oops, missed."
> [/Lady Frost]

[Rod]
"I'm not complaining!" Rod replies, as he fires one of his bracers,
missing a wolf
and blasting a hole in the rubble pile.
[/Rod]

> [Talas]
> Talas fires a burst from his AT-600 Rail Gun at the first D-Wolf that Talas sees.
> [/Talas]

[GM]
Talas fires at the wolf that Rod missed, and in turn misses as the creature.

> "I suppose I ought to lend a hand," Ted says, aiming for the nearest creature.

Ted's shot goes a little awry, but still manages to hit one of the
D-wolves, scorching its
fur.
[/GM]

[Phaeton]
Phaeton jumps into the frey, his glowing sword in hand as he tries to
decapitate one of the creatures.  It dodges his blow and grabs him by
the arm and the two fall to the ground.
[/Phaeton]

> [Angelica]
> Angelica stands at the ready, just in case these things get a little too close.
> [Angelica]

[GM]
Two more D-wolves appear, one leaping at Angelica and one at Alex.

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/