[Taocow PBEM] Chapter IX - The King Of The River

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 17:38:13 GMT 2007

> > [Ted]
> > Ted puffs up his chest menacingly.
> > [/Ted]
> >
> > [GM]
> > Max suddenly goes as pale as a ghost.  His lips are moving, but too
> > quietly for anyone to hear in the crowded room.  He gestures repeatedly
> > towards the stairs leading up to the inn's rooms.
> > [/GM]

> [Talas]
> Talas, who has been keeping an eye on their host and one ear on the
> band, as bad as they are, turns his attention to the stairs on seeing Max
> pointing at them. At this time Talas spends the 1PPE to use his chi-gun
> and says to Sialillion "My lady. The stairs."
> [/Talas]

> [Carlos]
> Carlos trys to move off unnoticed to the side of the room, while watching
> the stairs.
> [/Carlos]

> [Sia]
> Sialillion gets up from her seat and comes to attention, then quickly and
> quietly walks up near the stairs.  She leans back with her back flush
> against the adjoining wall, then leans over and takes a peek up the stairs.
> [/Sia]

[GM]
There doesn't seem to be anything abnormal about the stairs, no one
waiting on them or near the top of them.  No one who has Sixth Sense
has it going off, so it doesn't seem likely that there is impending
danger.

Max has stopped gesturing towards the stairs and is looking straight at Ted.

No one in the room seems to be paying much heed to Max or the company.
 The band is playing louder, the drinks are coming faster and the mood
is drunkenly festive.

Then it all stops as a woman's piercing cry can be heard somewhere
outside on the street.

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com