[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XII - Through The Looking Glass Once Again

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 20:32:32 BST 2007

>> [GM]
>> One of the guests, an older man dressed in long grey robes, pipes
>> up, "My people came from Ancient New York during the dark times,
>> and they had just such a story of a great hero named John McLane.
>> When I visited Lazlo as a lad, I saw such a show about his
>> exploits."

> The lizard man shakes his head and mentally projects to Amanda. "Gee,
> they think we were a nation of gun-toting vigilantes. I sure hope
> that don't accept 'Star Wars' as real."
> [/Ted]

[...]

>> [GM]
>> The Prince sits back, shaking his head. Finally he turns back to
>> the company. "It seems the party is over." he says. "I think I
>> would like a word with you all, perhaps back in your quarters. Say,
>> perhaps, in half an hour, if you're all feeling up to it?"
>> [/GM]

> [Carlos]
> Carlos mulls about for a few minutes then leaves for his quarters. He
> takes extra caution to keep his senses about him in case there is
> some sort of trap ahead.
> [/Carlos]

> [Talas]
> Talas turns his attention from the mayor’s daughter to the Prince "It
> would be an honor Your Majesty." Talas then turns to the mayor’s
> daughter and says "And my dear, perhaps afterwards I can call on you,
> and you can show me your town night life".
> [/Talas]

[GM]
The young lady blushes and smiles.  "We don't have much of one, but
there is the Bleak Prospect, a nice little tavern down by the docks."

> Alex nods in agreement
> [/Alex]

> [Bongo]
> Bongo grins and nods to the Prince as he rises from his seat. "After
> the gracious hospitality you have shown us, Your Majesty, I wouldn't
> dare refuse. I look forward to seeing you shortly. In the meantime,
> at the risk of sounding rude there are a couple of books we've
> acquired in our travels and I'm dying to crack them open."
>
> As he turns away from the table, he reaches out telepathically to
> Alex's mind. ~Alex, come meet me in my room. I'm going to follow
> Bruth.~
> [/Bongo]

[GM]
The Prince bows.  "A half an hour, then."  He looks as Carlos leaves.
"I see that some of you are already heading to bed."  With that, he
rises, beckons to one of the other guests, a strong-jawed,
wide-shouldered woman.  She follows him with quick but confident strides
as he leaves the hall.
[/GM]

OOC: I'm assuming everyone is going to their rooms.  Haven't heard from
Lady Frost's player, so I'll assume she is too.

[GM]
Carlos is the first back to the common room, where he finds the fire has
been rekindled.  There seems to be no danger, though Carlos does catch a
glimpse of guards patrolling the shore of the river.  A sudden tiredness
overcomes Carlos, and suddenly he has an uncontrollable urge to sit
down, and within moments he is asleep...

When the rest of the company comes in, they find Carlos sprawled on one
of the chairs, snoring.  Suddenly, Carlos awakes with a start, his eyes
looking as if they had been gazing somewhere else.

mightymartianca at gmail.com