[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XV - The Demon's Minions

Alex Bayne hayden.bayne at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 11:27:37 BST 2008

On Apr 7, 2008, at 1:06 AM, Troy Imlach wrote:

> --- Kitsune <kitsunefx at netzero.net> wrote:
>
>> [Alex]
>> Over where Bongo was last seen, Alex says the Lord's
>> Prayer. She does
>> not know if Bongo was Catholic or not but she does
>> not see it as doing
>> any potential harm. She goes over to where Bruth's
>> 'remains' lay, a bit
>> sick from what was done but does an abbreviated
>> Lord's prayer over his
>> body as well.
>>
>> The scout then quickly grabs her grenade so she
>> might fix it later on.
>> She states, "I thinking grabbing our gear might be a
>> good idea as well.
>> I will grab our fallen comrades gear as well.
>> [/Alex]
>>
>> ooc: Didn't he buy some new equipment which she was
>> suppose to do some
>> work on?
>> Also, the player is not really religious so anything
>> I screw up with her
>> being a Catholic, please let me know?
>>
> ooc: You can race through the 'lord's Prayer'. But the
> 'Lord's prayer' can't be abbreviated. Plus I do
> believe that the 'Last Rights' would be more
> appropriate.
> /ooc:

ooc: Last RITES.  And Last Rites are only performed on the dying, not
the dead.  Furthermore, only a priest can administer them, as they
involve giving the eucharist.  I think that a Hail Mary would be more
appropriate for a lay person:   "Hail Mary, full of grace, Our Lord is
with Thee.  Blessed art Thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of
Thy womb, our Lord, Jesus Christ.  O Virgin Saint Mary, O Mother of
God, pray for us sinners, now and at all times, and at the hour of our
death.  Amen."  Not to get too picky about it- I'm not Catholic either.
/ooc