[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVIII - Into The Heart Of Darkness - Alex, Carlos, Talas and Koba

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed May 20 21:05:39 BST 2009

> > > [Koba]
> > > Hesitant to get closer to the demon, Koba takes a knee where he is.
> > > Focusing on the unconscious form of Lady Frost in front of him, he uses
> > > Telekinesis to lift then bring her over to him. Seeing what this demon
> > > could do to someone as strong as her, he does not wish to become
> > > another victim.
> > > [/Koba]

> > [GM]
> > Lady Frost's prone body rises slowly and moves towards Koba.  The
> > demon still looks terror-struck, and does nothing to interfere with Koba's
> > telekinesis.  Finally, after a few tense moments, Lady Frost comes to
> > rest by Koba.
> > [/GM]

> [Koba]
> With Lady Frost settled gently on to the ground at Koba's feet, He feels for
> a pulse and looks for any obvious signs of injury. His limited knowledge of
> medicine makes his exam only cursory. If he is satisfied she is stable, he
> will place a dome of a force field over her to protect her. If there is any
> aid he can render to stabilize her, he will do that first before taking
> guard with his ion rifle.
> [/Koba]

[GM]
Her breathing is quite shallow, almost not there at all.  Her wounds look
far too severe for Koba to help her much.  Then, as Koba puts up the
force field around her, her body suddenly disappears.
[/GM]

> > [K'murd-faka Demon]
> > The demon looks to Talas.  "Mighty Demon Queller, you are the bane
> > of my kind.  But perhaps you can aid me.  I have been sent here,
> > though this dimension causes me great pain, after my last residence
> > was so horrifyingly terminated.  I cannot release myself, for I am bound
> > here as long as my masters require me.  Come hither and use your
> > powers, and then I shall be released."
> > [/K'murd-faka Demon]

> [Talas]
> Talas laughs, “I never thought that I would gladly do as a demon asks.
> Yes demon I will release you." With that Talas draws his swords and
> charges the demon. With every intention of using his Katana to
> striking the demon with a 'Chi Death Blow'.  Talas is wary of the
> demon's request and keeps an eye open for the treachery that he is
> sure will come.
> [/Talas]

[K'murd-faka Demon]
The demon bows its head, as if readying itself to be slain, but Talas,
keeping his eye peeled, sees a sword leap out of the demon's sheath.
Suddenly, with a force and speed far beyond anything remotely human,
the demon is up and leaping upon Talas, a black sword with runes
glowing with the pure blue of mystic energy in its hands, seeming
to sing as it bears down on Talas.
[/K'murd-faka Demon]

OOC: I'm going to play fast and loose with the initiative, giving Talas
first, then the demon and the Koba.

[Meanwhile...]

> [Alex]
> "Please repeat you last," Alex responds back, not lowering her
> weapon.
>
> Before he can respond back, she calls, "Osiris is missing."
>
> The thought comes to her mind that they really need to put a locator
> beacon on everybody with teh way they keep disappearing

Alex sees the demon, that had been bowing prostate before Talas,
leap into action, a black sword in hand.

"This is all wrong." a voice, a woman's perhaps, but hollow and raspy.
"They'll die if they don't reach Rath-Iren."

Alex glances back to see the witch they had encountered earlier.
Her familiar, a black bird, sits on her corrupted, ancient shoulder.

mightymartianca at gmail.com