[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter IV - Who's This Then?

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 22:24:45 GMT 2010

> > It's then that Owen, Justin and Alex feel their sixth sense's go off.
> > Apparently they're not the only ones.  One of the crew shouts out
> > "There's danger, an' close by!"
> >
> > Over the roar of the wind can be heard the distant whine of some
> > sort of thrusters.  Within moments, three hovering circular barges
> > are racing towards the boat, along with several watercraft, all looking
> > like they were designed by the Kittani, who the company (sans
> > Justin) had encountered during their brief stay in New Argyll.  As the
> > hover barges come closer, the company is able to get a good look at
> > them.
> > [GM]

> [Justin]
> Justin will hold his actions, until he can tell whether the new arrivals are
> enemies or not.  Dangerous and hostile are not the same things, after all.
> He will radio broadcast to them in Elven "Greetings, I am Justin, of the
> line of Benedict the Battle Lord.  Be you friend or foe?" then repeat the
> same in Thari and again in English.
> [/Justin]

[GM]
A voice replies in thick, flat, emotionless Elven/Dragonese.  "Surrender, and
you will not be destroyed."  The message is repeated in about a half a dozen
languages, including American, Spanish, Japanese and Euro, and then repeated
again, as if in a loop.

About a dozen fishmen move to encircle the company, rather nasty energy
rifles brought to bear.

mightymartianca at gmail.com