[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter II (Alex in Sick Bay)

Kitsune kitsunefx at netzero.net
Mon Jan 4 18:28:59 GMT 2010

Aaron Clausen wrote:
> [GM]
> Sick Bay is only a short distance from the armory.  As Alex walks in,
> she notices several casualties, and a couple of gurneys with bodies
> covered in white blankets.  The doctor, the rather horrifying insectoid
> that the company had met when they first entered is efficiently triaging
> patients.  He (or it?) looks up and sees Alex.  "If you're here to see
> your companion, he is over there."  One of his hands points behind
> some curtains.
>
> Beyond the curtains lays Osiris.  He has been bandaged and tended,
> and is hooked up to an IV drip.  He seems to be sleeping deeply, but
> when Alex approaches, one eye pops open.
>
> "I'm old," he says quietly, but with a smile, "but I'm not so old that
> even a Scout could sneak up on me."  He struggles to sit up but
> finally gives up.
>
> "Glad to see you're still around, Alex." he says.  "I feel like I've been
> in a dream for a hundred years.  No one here has any time for me.
> Tell me, did we reach Rath-Iren?  Did we kill the K'murd-faka?  I
> hope I just wasn't dead weight.  I'd like to get out of this bed and
> be of some use."

Shaking her head, "I don't know. We reached it and got it but now it
seems like other troubles have gotten wrapped around us. I feel a bit
overwhelmed myself. I am just suppose to be a wilderness scout. maybe a
bit of a soldier as well. I am not a hero."

Continuing on, she adds, "I have a strange dagger that I have no idea
what it does. The CS always taught us to have nothing to do with magic.
Us on the fringes, scouts and such never really took that to heart but
still magic does make me a bit nervous. I assume it is magic, at least."

"Maybe we can find somebody to help heal you," she continues. "That is
if we can get this boat moving again."

--
"those who burn books will, in the end, burn people."
- Written by Poet Heinrich Heine who's books were burned

Kitsune
Email:     kitsune at addr.com or kitsunefx at netzero.com
Homepage:  http://www.kitsune.addr.com/