[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter III

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 21:17:32 BST 2010

> > > [GM]
> > > Everyone is incredibly exhausted.  They have to share the
> > > meager quarters on this sub, but the previous day was a
> > > nightmare of battle and escape, and sleep soon comes to
> > > everyone, despite the creaks, groans and moans of this
> > > damaged submarine.
> > >
> > > And then everyone wakes up with a start.  Alarms are going
> > > off and there are shouts.  [OOC: Those with 6th sense wake up
> > > a few seconds earlier]
> > >
> > > Etta's voice comes over the intercom.  "Someone has awoken
> > > Arsandel.  His pod has been opened.  Grab your weapons
> > > and get to the bridge NOW!"
> > >
> > > When they get to the bridge, a sight of horror greets them.
> > > Lyle is lying on the ground, his body sprawled in a horrifying
> > > fashion, a fist-sized hole in his armor.  It's not clear whether
> > > he's alive or dead.  Beside him the Ambassador lies, seemingly
> > > uninjured, but clearly unconscious.
> > > [/GM]

> > [Ted]
> > Ted kneels by the Ambassador's side and performs triage.
> > [/Ted]

> [GM]
> The Ambassador's breathing is shallow and, if his physiology is at all
> like the other creatures Ted has encountered, his eyes suggest perhaps
> a shallow coma.  Without any obvious aid from Ted, however, the
> Ambassador's breathing steadies and strengthens, and while he doesn't
> regain consciousness, his pupils do show responses.

> "I have a feeling something is wrong, like somebody is intentionally
> blocking telepathic senses but cannot pin it down any more," the red
> haired states, concerned.
> [/Alex]

> [Owen]
> "I agree.  Something is blocking the psychic readings in the area."
>
> Owen will pull out his pistol, and begin searching for the cause of the
> disturbance.  He assumes the dead area is a sphere, and the distortion
> would be coming from the middle of that sphere.
> [/Owen]

[GM]
Even as Alex and Owen give their observations, Ted sees the Ambassador's
vital signs blink.  For a moment he seems dead; no pulse, no respiration,
pupils dilate.  Even non-psychics can feel some force around them, for the
psychics it's a feeling akin to sticking a fork in an electrical socket.

The Ambassador's feline eyes flutter open and then he takes a deep breath
before coughing violently, bloody sputum striking Ted.

Suddenly the spinning ghostly entity that had confronted the company earlier
is in their midst.  From somewhere within its spinning vortex a voice
screams "Uoy ot mood srepeels eht denekawa uoy!  uoy ot mood srepeels
eht denekawa uoy!"

It moves towards the company at great speed, tearing up a couple of chairs,
seemingly to use as weapons.  It screams again "Ooy ot mood srepeels eht
denekawa uoy!"

Out from the shadows limps a tall, frail figure.  It is an male elf,
pale-skinned
with platinum-colored waist-length hair, wearing gray robes, torn and burnt.
There is a deep scare along the elf's forehead, and part of his left
hand, including
three fingers, looks to have been cut off by a laser cutter or
something of equal
accuracy.  There seem to be many wounds under the robes, and fresh blood
is seen on the already blood-stained robes.

"Kill it, fools!" the elf cries.
[/GM]

[Etta]
Etta cries out, "No!  Not the spirit.  Kill Arsendel!"  She goes to her belt to
pull out a rather nasty looking energy pistol.
[/Etta]

mightymartianca at gmail.com