[Taocow PBEM] [Koba, Justin, Ted, Carlos, Owen, Louissa] Book 3 - Chapter VI - Down Another Rabbit Hole

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 23:06:03 UTC 2011

>> [GM]
>> "I found the door." the girl snivels pathetically. "I was poking
>> around and found it and opened it. That was days ago, I don't know
>> how long. I heard people here, but I was scared. Then the lizard
>> man... he found me, and started talking crazy things about some
>> 'other' and about finding it. Then he pointed a gun at me and made
>> me get in the cell and said he'd leave me here forever!"
>>
>> She begins weeping again. "Oh please, miss, let me out of here!
>> I'm scared and I'm hungry and I missy my mommy!"
>> [/GM]

>> [Louissa]
>> "Okay, little one." Louissa says gently. "Just settle down. I've
>> got to talk to my companions."
>>
>> She gestures for everyone else to move out of earshot. "Listen,"
>> she says quietly, "maybe Owen can't sense anything weird, but it's
>> still weird to me. What do we do? I don't want to leave a little
>> girl to die, but I sure don't want to free some demon just because
>> we can't sense anything wrong with it."
>>
>> She looks at Ted squarely. "What do you want us to do. You said
>> she's really an old woman. What did the old woman say?"
>> [/Louissa]

> [Ted]
> The lizard man thinks for a moment and then turns to the girl. "All
> right. We will let you out, but if you betray us, you will not see
> daylight again."

The little girl nods, sniffling and wiping the tears from her eyes.
"Maybe you're not such a big meanie after all." she says.
[/GM]

> [Koba]
> Koba grabs Ted's shoulder and stops him. "If you didn't put her in
> there we shouldn't take her out. I don't want this one to turn out to
> either commune with or actually be a demon as well."
> [/Koba]

> [Ted]
> "I know and I agree, but..." The lizard man glared at the girl for a
> moment. "She knows something--something vital to our survival--that
> she is not telling us."
> [/Ted]

[Louissa]
Louissa gives Ted another hard look.  "Maybe you're going to need to
share what you and her talked about."
[/Louissa]

> [Justin]
> As the others are discussing the matter, Justin appears to go into
> some sort of trance. The trance is very abruptly ended as claws his
> armor's faceplate open just in time to messily lose his lunch all
> over the floor. As soon as he recovers enough to do so, he recoils
> backwards from the cell, and yells "Get away from the cell!" as he
> comes to rest against the far wall.
> [/Justin]

> [Ted]
> Ted backs away quickly.
> [/Ted]

[Carlos and Owen]
As do Carlos and Owen, who immediately pull out their guns and point
them at the girl.
[/Carlos and Owen]

[Louissa]
Louissa follows suit.  "What did you see, Sir Justin?" she asks
nervously.  "I'm looking at a tearful little girl, what are you looking at."
[/Louissa]

[GM]
Suddenly the air around the little girl seems to shimmer, and then
standing there is an old woman, human in appearance, but with pale
flesh, long white hair down to the ground, her mouth like a jagged maw
in a sea of wrinkles.

"Why don't you tell them, Ted Smythe!" she screams angrily.  "Tell them
why you need to free me!"

Then the air seems to shimmer again, and this time facing the company is
a horrifying create, like an octopus with too many eyes (at least eight)
and too many tentacles (more than twenty, most long and spindly, but
three or four looking thick and strong), and with mottled yellowish
glowing skin.  It stands about man-height and the main body is perhaps a
little wider than the average man.  Beyond even its appearance, an
almost tangible atmosphere of horror exudes from the cell.

Carlos keeps his calm, but Koba, Ted and Owen find their knees knocking.

"Free me, and I will aid you." a voice that sounds somewhere between
gravel rubbing together and a thunderstorm says.  "Ted Smythe will die
if you do not."

mightymartianca at gmail.com