[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter VI - Down Another Rabbit Hole

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 19:43:39 UTC 2011

> > [GM]
> > Much as Justin predicted, when the Faeries get closed to him,
> > they seem stay back aways.  One of them, who wears a barely
> > discernible crown shouts out something angry in its language.
> > It doesn't sound friendly, but the rest of the Faeries do not
> > interfere with the company any further, but rather turn towards
> > the Kittani invaders.
> > [/GM]

> [Justin]
> As they begin to turn away, and the door begins to shut, Justin
> bows to the crowned one, then back inside the door, as it
> closes over him.
> [/Justin]

[GM]
The crowned Faerie bows stiffly in return and then flies off towards
the Kittani.
[/GM[

[...]

> > [GM]
> > Thur looks at the assembled company ."Tend to your
> > wounded, rest as you see fit.  In a few hours, you will
> > all have to decide where you go, but for now, at least,
> > you are safe.  Do not wander out of earshot, if you
> > choose to leave this chamber, and beware, this place
> > has strange residents, some good, and some evil.  When
> > the gate is opened, those who decide to proceed on
> > through will be allowed.  The servants of New Camelot will
> > not be permitted, and will be allowed to return to the
> > surface whence you came."
> >
> > With that Thur walks away towards the old dwarf.
> > [/GM]

> [Justin]
> Justin will listen, are there any active forges or the
> sound of metalwork coming out of any of the surrounding
> passages?
> [/Justin]

[GM]
There are no such sounds.  This place, while characteristically
well-kept for a Dwarf complex, does not have the feel of a place
occupied by them.
[/GM]

> > [Louissa]
> > "Well, "Louissa yawns, "I don't know about the rest of
> > you, but I don't feel much desire to go poking around a
> > Dwarf's den.  I think we should decide hether or not we're
> > going to go where these Dwarves' lead, or take our
> > chances with those Kittani."
> > [/Louissa]

> > [GM]
> > One of the knights limps forward.  "My apologies, sirs and
> > ladies." he says.  "I could not help but overhear the lady
> > here," he looks at Louissa, "and I've got a bit of advice.
> > While it's true enough that you helped us out when the
> > Splugorth minions came, at least one of you did fire on our
> > troops, and that will have to go trial, or at least to the King,
> > who alone has the power to pardon.  I shouldn't say anything,
> > but you risk your liberty if you remain in New Camelot.  'Tis
> > your choice, of course."
> > [/GM]

> > [Carlos]
> > Carlos raises an eyebrow.  "Well, I didn't come here to get
> > put in jail. I vote for going on with these Dwarves."
> > [/Carlos]

> > [Owen]
> > Owen agrees with Carlos.
> > [/Owen]

> > [Louissa]
> > "I can go either way." Louissa says.  "New Poughkeepsie
> > has some trade and diplomatic contacts with New Camelot.
> > We have an ambassador here who could help us, and
> > particularly you, Alex.  But I'll stick with the rest of you,
> > whatever you decide.
> > [/Louissa]

> [Ted]
> Thinking back to a scene in 'The Lord of the Rings', the lizard man
> replies, "It might be fun to explore this place, but I think we ought
> to have at least one of the Dwarves guide us. Otherwise, New
> Camelot sounds interesting, but I am fine with whatever the rest
> of you decide."
> [/Ted]

[Owen]
"I wouldn't mind poking around a little bit." Owen says.  "Never been
in a Dwarf cave before."
[/Owen]

> [Ted]
> In the interim, Ted will assist with the wounded until some decision
> is made.

Ted's help is greatly appreciated.  Some of the wounds are grave.
[/GM]

> [Justin]
> Justin will speak up at this point, "While I'm more of an
> accidental companion to you lot than a member of your
> group, I'd like to point out that the most honorable path
> here is to pursue justice. A mistake, even a violent one,
> in a tense situation does not rise to the level of a crime,
> and a wise King will recognize that." He turns to Louissa,
> and asks "Is the King they speak of a wise King? Or is he
> not? If he rules justly, then we should clear the matter up
> as soon as we can. If he does not rule justly, then the
> matter becomes a bit more thorny."
> [/Justin]

[Louissa]
"I am not privy to all my kingdom's knowledge of foreign lands."
Louissa explains.  "But I have heard that King Arr'thu is young but is
a wise and just king.  His chief counsellor, Mrrlyn, is said to be one
of the wisest men in the world.  Still, it is Alex and myself that are
to be tried, for good or bad, so I think maybe the two of us should
have a larger voice in this.  If this is a Splugorth invasion, then
even the most just king might decide to lock us up and ask questions
later.  Right Alex?" she looks over at her red-haired companion.
[/Louissa]

mightymartianca at gmail.com