[Taocow PBEM] [Alex and Louissa] Book 3 - Chapter V - England

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 19:02:58 UTC 2011

>> [Louissa]
>> Louissa finally loses patience, and then takes the baby from Alex.
>> "You're the Scout, not me. I'll stay down here. If you need me,
>> signal me. We don't want this baby tipping anybody off."
>> [/Louissa]

> [Alex]
> "Yes, I know, my impulse to rescue people will be my undoing," Alex
> responds. "I will call you if there are any problems."
> [/Alex]

[Louissa]
Louissa nods and crouches down to the ground, very awkwardly trying to
soothe the baby.  She has some moderate success, as instead of outright
wailing, the baby is just making squirming noises.

"I can't believe my father wants me have one of these..." she mutters
under her breath.
[/Louissa]

>> [GM]
>> Alex, unburdened, can now fully use her skills. She creeps up to
>> the top of the hillside and can clearly see her companions
>> surrounded by eight well-armed horsemen dressed in black. All but
>> one still has a black mask on, and that man certainly doesn't look
>> like a Splugorth minion. The unmasked horseman is in conversation
>> with Justin and Osiris (Osiris is being held up by Justin). She can
>> also see Ted on the ground, not exactly looking healthy.
>>
>> Alex's trained eye can see movement in the forest beyond. She
>> can't estimate numbers, but there are at least a dozen, possibly
>> more figures in the bush. By their movement and skills in the
>> trees, they clearly must be very skilled at moving in and above
>> woodlands, and by the way they've all but masked their presence,
>> must be as skilled as Alex herself. What they're relationship to
>> the horsemen that have surrounded her companions is not clear,
>> however.

> Alex will radio to Osiris, "There are a number of individuals in the
> woods surrounding you. I estimate that there is about a dozen,
> perhaps more figures."

While Osiris is in no position to respond, she sees him clearly nod his
head.

She can now clearly see some of the figures, dressed in black, some
moving down to the forest floor taking positions that are clearly
snipers' choices to give the best shot at the members of the company.
Other than getting into position they make no other move.