[Taocow PBEM] [Oz] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 21:26:21 UTC 2012

> [GM]
>> Prrcyvel leaps at the remaining attacker, grabs him and smashes his
>> head against the stone wall a couple of times until the man goes limp.
>> Prrcyvel then looks out the window and waves. "Osmar, old chap, is
>> that you! Come to the party a bit late, I see, but I did try to save
>> you a morsel or two!"
>>
>> At that moment Oz's man radios to him. "Sir, it's bad. One of your
>> party, Sir Justin I believe his name was, he is badly injured. Best
>> come quick!"
> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz radios back to the guardsman. "Is he still under attack?"
> [/Oz]

[GM]
"No sir," the guardsman replies. "Looks like he took them all out."

> He quickly switches over to his helmet speakers to speak to Sir
> Prrcyvel. "Fashionably late, you know! I wouldn't want your guests to
> think I didn't have anything better to do!"
>
> "I see the party's over here, old man. I've got to see a man about a
> horse. Back in a trice."
>
> (Either way, Oz will Prowl over to where his guardsman and Justin are.)
> [/Oz]

[GM]
Oz doesn't do a terribly good job prowling. In fact, he manages to
step on enough dry sticks to let someone half a mile away know he's
coming.

But it does not matter. In a few minutes he sees black columns of
smoke and when he approaches, he sees many trees blown away or on
fire. There are at least two dozen bodies here, some in power armor.
In the midst of it he sees the guardsman leaning over the wreckage of
familiar Samurai-styled SAMAS power armor; Justin's power armor.

As Oz makes his way to the guardsman, he can see what happened.
Clearly a trap was laid, probably by a few men in the trees or the
brush. While a SAMAS would have no problem with that, clearly they
managed to keep Justin pinned long enough for some men in Triax power
armor to get on the scene. Justin clearly put up one helluva fight,
but there's only so much damage any armor can take.

Justin's power armor is devastated. One leg is missing above the knee,
the arm with the railgun is shorn off, though the other hand has an
energy rifle that Justin clearly used to keep firing once he could no
longer use the railgun. There's a fist-sized hole in the right side of
the chest of the power armor that looks like it penetrated all the way
through.

The guardsman is trying desperately to pull of the power armor off.

mightymartianca at gmail.com