[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter VI - The Enchanter

Kitsune kitsunefx at netzero.net
Fri Jan 6 08:27:48 UTC 2012

On 01/05/2012 15:56, Aaron Clausen wrote:
> [GM]
> The female knight nods, and points across the street to a building.
> One of the doors says "Public Washrooms".
> [/GM]
>
> [Louissa]
> Louissa seems a little dazed. "I need to wash the dust off my face."
> she says, somewhat non-committal.
> [/Louissa]
>
> [GM]
> Alex and Louissa make their way to the washrooms, finding three doors
> "Men", "Women", and "Others". The women's washroom is well maintained,
> and in short order the two women have cleaned themselves up and taken
> are of any other particular necessities and are ready to face Mrrlyn.

Alex will help to get Louissa cleaned up as well. "Wish we could get a
shower in but this is the best we really have time for."

> Mrrlyn nods thoughtfully as an account of the Splugorth invasion is
> told. He does not write anything down, but there can be no doubt that
> every utterance, probably every gesture is being recorded by his
> obviously gifted mind. Here and there he asks a question or two,
> mainly on matters of military and equipment, but he seems to be
> circling some issue, the odd question here or there about where Ted or
> the little girl was. He often gives Ted a sharp look, but it is
> quickly replaced by a smile, and then a turn to some other issue, like
> descriptions of Kittani hover cycles or the amount of explosion from a
> bomb.
>
> Finally he turns away from the party and walks back to his desk. He
> sits down again, and then smiles sadly.
>
> "You've all been very helpful." he says. "The King will get this
> report within the hour, and it will doubtless aid him in deciding on
> the appropriate response."
>
> He then clasps his hands. "Unfortunately, there is one thing that is
> not so good. I am afraid I must take one of your into custody; the
> lizard man I'm afraid." he says, looking squarely at Ted.
>
> "Before any of you do something foolish like try to flee or attack
> me," he continues, "I suggest you remember that you are in the midst
> of the of the one most fortified places in the British Isles. There is
> good reason for me doing this, I assure you, and none of you,
> including your reptilian friend, shall be harmed. It is not my place
> to reveal intelligence information, and hopefully the King will
> enlighten you as to why this must be."
>
> He waves a hand slightly and the door behind them opens, and a squad
> of perhaps a dozen of the strange knights appear.
>
> "I trust you will go willingly, friend." Mrrylin says to Ted. "And I
> trust the rest of you will accept the hospitality of the King of New
> Camelot, and not disturb the King's peace."

For a moment, Alex thinks the arrest is going to be for her. Still, one
does not abandon a fellow soldier.

Alex looks towards this Merlynn and does not appear cowed in the
smallest. Her appearance might be that of a common trooper but there is
something beyond that. While she is

"What are the charges against him?"