[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter VIII - New Camelot

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 20:18:16 UTC 2012

>> The rest of the soldiers open fire as well, followed by more roars
>> from within the cloud itself. The cloud begins to shrink and now the
>> team can take a look at the full horror staring at them. Yellowish
>> mottled flesh, tentacles, horrific squid-like eyes, and the size of a
>> truck.
>>
>> But it is injured, its flesh oozes with pinkish frothing blood where
>> it has been hit. It cries out in pain, revealing a mouth filled with
>> sharp white teeth. Quickly it scurries down through a hole that is has
>> punched into the ground. There is no sign of Louissa or her companion.

> The coalition range will scan through telepathy for Louissa

Alex's enhanced abilities reach out, and find Louissa. It is for a
brief moment, but Alex senses fear. Images of a tunnel, of rushing
water and a great turning blade fill Alex's mind. And then... nothing.
It's possible Louissa has moved out of range, or possibly something wo

> Tries to figure out just what the heck it was. Firing a few parting
> shots at the thing as it tries to scurry away. [Strikes: 11,8,18]

Vesper fires off three shots, two of them connecting with the creature
[Damage: 39MD total]. Another shot blows away a large piece of the
pavement [Damage: 22MD], and what is left of the getaway vehicle
topples into the hole.

One of the guards, apparently an officer, shouts out "Hold your fire!"
as he and two other men run towards the dissipating cloud.
They scan the hole in the pavement with multi-optics helmets, clearly
wishing to scout as much as they can before the risk going into the
hole.
[/GM]

[Sir Prrcyvel]
At that moment Sir Prrcyvel and what looks like a whole brigade burst
out of another door. "Damn!" he shouts. "They've got into the sewers."

He confers quietly with some of the courtyard guards, and then turns
to some of the members of the brigade. "Sergeant Lewis, go fetch our
other guest, Mr. Smythe. There are questions he may be able to
answer." To the rest of the brigade he says, "Get down there, find
that creature, Lady Louissa and her companion. Kill the creature if
you must, but if at all possible the Lady and the lizard man with her
must be brought back alive."

He turns and walks over to Oz, his face not so very friendly. He says,
loudly enough for everyone to hear, "I know you wish to pursue your
companion, but this whole episode has created all sorts of questions.
If you wish to help find Louissa, I will send an escort with you into
the sewers, but I cannot permit any of you to leave the city until
we've sorted some of this mess out. Or, if you trust our people, you
can confer with the King and Lord Mrrlyn now."
[Sir Prrcyvel]

[Justin]
Justin, heedless of everything else, walks over to the hole. "I know
what it is that took Louissa. It's a Nakron. But I say we get her back
first, and then I'll explain what that means."
[/Justin]

[Sir Prrcyvel]
An odd look crosses Prrcyvel's face, as if the name Nakron brings up
some memory. He nods in acknowledgement, and then turns to the others.
"Is that what the rest of you want to do?"
[/Sir Prrcyvel]

mightymartianca at gmail.com