[Taocow PBEM] [Alex and Oz] Book 3 - Chapter VII - New Camelot

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 20:09:14 UTC 2012

OOC: Many apologizes for mucking up the name!

>> "*Osmar*, old chap," he says, embracing Oz, "it is good to see you.
>> Had enough of that fat old Baron I see." The man turns to Alex, and
>> bows deeply. "And who is this with you." he says, sweeping off his
>> hat and bowing even lower before kissing Alex's hand.
>>
>> "I am Sir Prrcyvel, a knight of New Camelot and close friend and
>> adviser of the King, when I'm not carousing with scoundrels like
>> dear Oswald here." He is an intensely charming man, as Oswald fully
>> knows.
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> The German had grinned when he saw Sir Prrcyvel. "Good to see you as
> well, Sir Prrcyvel. Though I'm surprised you're here and not out on
> the walls, what with the Slugorts on the move." Oz just couldn't seem
> to say that name right- he'd clearly never even heard of them before
> now.
> [/Oz]

[Sir Prrcyvel]
Sir Prrcyvel laughs. "Don't you worry, old boy, I'll be riding before
dawn with a company. But the King wanted all the chiefs in on the
meeting, though oddly enough our Master Mrrlyn..." he says the name
oddly, "apparently had other business, to do with some of the people you
came into the city with."
[/Sir Prrcyvel]

>> [GM]
>> He is putting his hat back on when suddenly an alarm sounds from
>> within the palace.
>>
>> "Good gods!" Sir Prrcyvel shouts, sweeping out a vibro-broadsword.
>> "An invader in the palace. Oz, I'll assume you can vouch for your
>> lady friend, so let's be about it!"
>>
>> Without waiting he dashes into the palace.

> The red haired ranger nods at the knight, "I will help is I can."
> [/Alex]

[Sir Prrcyvel]
"Beautiful *and* brave!" Sir Prrcyvel says with a quick tip of the hat.
[/Sir Prrcyvel]

> [Alex]
> While she does want to help, getting in the good graces of the hosts
> is a good idea. Besides, maybe it will give her a chance to get paid
> and raid their armory.
> [/Alex]

OOC: Learning to be a good merc I see!

> [Oz]
> Osmar draws his gun and sprints after Sir Prrcyvel. "Tallyho!" There
> is an excited grin on his face- the expression of a man who lives for
> excitement.
> [/Oz]

[GM]
As they race into the palace, they are joined by several other knights
and guards. The interior is very impressive, a great entrance hall at
least three stories high, with statues and murals. But there is little
time to gawk at the wealth of the palace of New Camelot, for in the
midst of it is a battle. Several knights are surrounded by what look to
be other knights of New Camelot. In fact it's almost impossible to see
who is who, save that one group is in the middle trying to fight its way
through, and the other group surrounds it and is trying to cut them to
pieces.
[/GM]

[Sir Prrcyvel]
Sir Prrcyvel cries out. "Oy! What madness is this!" He leaps forward,
though unsure what to do, and then notices one of the men in the middle
of the attack, a tall, handsome man with a noble bearing.

"The King!" Sir Prrcyvel shouts. "The King is being attacked." With a
single bound he leaps into the fray.
[/Sir Prrcyvel]

[GM]
For Alex and Oz it's still almost too hard to see what exactly is going
on. The noble-looking man can be seen fighting bravely, but within
moments he disappears. There must be at least two dozen knights
attacking him and a small group of perhaps no more than five or six.

And then both Alex and Oz notice something very strange. Above a
brightly-lit chandelier, just out of view is something glowing
whitish-blue. It's almost impossible to make anything out other than
some sort of creased flesh, almost like that of brain matter. It's full
shape cannot be seen from the ground.

mightymartianca at gmail.com