[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter VIII - New Camelot

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu May 31 19:48:46 UTC 2012

>> [Sir Prrcyvel]
>> "Warning! Warning! Two intruders dressed as Palace Guards on the
>> loose. Armed and dangerous. Check all IDs and report all suspicious
>> behavior."
>>
>> Prrcyvel turns back to Oz. "Anything?"
>> [/Sir Prrcyvel]

> [Oz]
> Oz kneels by the moaning guard, holstering one gun to check the man's
> vital signs. He leans in to ask a question. "What happened?"
> [/Oz]

>> [GM]
>> The guard seems to be coming to. "We were attack... attacked by a
>> lizard man and... and a young woman." he manages to say.
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz just shakes his head. "We got one of them." He looks at Sir
> Prrcyvel. "But he wasn't wearing guard armor. So does that mean
> someone else is with Lady Louissa?"
> [/Oz]

[Sir Prrcyvel]
"If what the man says is true," Sir Prrcyvel says, "then yes, there
was somebody with Lady Louissa."

Sir Prrcyvel leans down beside Oz. "Now, good man, you say a lizard
man was with her. Did she look in distress? How long ago was this?"
[/Sir Prrcyvel]

[GM]
The guard struggles for words. He's still shaken up and suffering from
what was probably a good whack to the head.

"No, Sir Prrcyvel." he says finally. "Don't think so. She pulled me
in. Seemed like they were working together."
[/GM]

[Meanwhile...]

>>> [Vesper]
>>> Vesper remains with Alex and casts see invisible to notice anything
>>> around Alex while she is in her trance.
>>> [/Vesper]

>> [GM]
>> Vesper sees nothing invisible in this room.
>> [/GM]

>>> [Alex]
>>> "I have a feeling that she is somewhere close by," the red haired scout
>>> suggests. Using her tracking skills, she will also look for clues and
>>> try to use her radio to see if she can contact Louissa.
>>>
>>> She thinks to herself that if this is over a rendezvous, she is not
>>> going to be happy.
>>> [/Alex]

>> [GM]
>> It looks like someone went through the curtains at the end of the room
>> fairly quickly, they are very ruffled and parted at the bottom.
>>
>> When Alex tries to contact her radio, she hears beeping from a cabinet
>> by the table.

> Indicates to Alex the disturbed curtains.  "Someone went through there in
> a hurry."
>
> He was set to pursue as long as Alex indicated she was alright from her
> trance ending.
> [/Vesper]

OOC: Kitsune wrote "window", but Vesper was actually looking at a
curtain. I fixed it.

> [Alex]
> Alex looks at the curtain, "I am a good tracker, at least I would like  to think I am,
> but this will tax my skills. I really wish I had a psi-hound with me to help. They
> could probably sniff her out."
> [/Alex]

> ooc: My understanding is that the trail is in an urban environment?
OOC: That's correct

[GM]
Alex can concur that someone looks to have gone through the curtain.
Clearly Louissa's radio gear is in this room.

Vesper, assured that Alex can take care of herself, moves through the
curtain to reveal a set of doors behind it. These open up on a large
kitchen. It looks to have been recently abandoned, likely due to the
attacks. At the other end of the kitchen are large garage-styled
doors, possibly for a loading bay, and there is another door that must
lead back into the main hallway.

Alex and Vesper notice some bread on the floor and looking up from it,
it looks like someone grabbed some bread and other supplies in a very
big hurry, leaving a mess of bread crumbs, crumbled bits of cheese and
the like. The trail leads to a small door by the garage doors.

mightymartianca at gmail.com