[Taocow PBEM] [Ted, Osmar, Sir Prrcyvel and Guards] Book 3 - Chapter IX - The Sewers

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 05:55:19 UTC 2012

>>> [Ted]
>>> Ted examined the ceiling, wondering whether the imposter had somehow
>>> found a way to avoid the floor.
>>> /Ted]

>> [GM]
>> Oz cannot see any concealed doors or traps. An examination of the roof
>> reveals that it is made of wood, very old wood. There does appear that
>> in one corner, though the junk is piled up highest there, that there
>> might be some sort of trap door; a square-shaped bit of wood flooring
>> about two feet by two feet that doesn't seem to match the pattern or
>> grain of the rest of the wood flooring.
>>
>> So this leaves two possible exits (besides the water route); the door
>> with the pealing white paint on it and (possibly) a trap door.
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> The German carefully looked around the room, finally shifting some
> junk out of the corner of the room to reveal a different looking patch
> of floor. "There's a trap door here. I don't know how he would've put
> the junk back on top of the door after he climbed through, though."
> [/Oz]

> [Ted]
> Ted went to the base of the junk pile to examine it and the trapdoor.
>
> "No, but if he did, it would certainly throw us off his trail," Ted reasoned.
> [/Ted]

> [Oz]
> The German chuckled and nodded as the two of them shifted junk to
> reveal the trapdoor. "It certainly would."
> [/Oz]

[GM]
Sir Prrcyvel helps Ted and Oz clear the junk away. The trap door is
opened by a metal ring, which Prrcyvel grasps and with some effort
pulls open. Beneath is revealed a small cellar-like room. The shelves
are filled with nuts, bolts, tools, spools of wire, and various other
odds and ends. There appears to be no exit, and a thick layer of dust
suggests nothing has been disturbed for a very long time.
[/GM]

[Sir Prrcyvel]
Prrcyvel seems irritated. "Nobody has been down there for years. The
creature did not come this way."
[/Sir Prrcyvel]

[GM]
At that moment the guards radio and announce that they've just found
another part of the sewer, and ask if they should wait or regroup.
[/GM]

[Sir Prrcyvel]
"Hold your position." he commands. "Alright, let's see what that
wooden door reveals." With that he walks over to the white door and
opens it. It opens with a loud creak from the protesting hinges. What
is revealed is actually a rather interesting sight.
[/Sir Prrcyvel]

[GM]
They are looking at an old subway tunnel, or "Tube". There are a few
ancient cars still on the tracks, but the ceiling has collapsed at
both ends, and only about seventy feet of the tunnel remain intact.
There are other doors on this side of the tracks, and a series of
doors and a stairway on the other side. Other than their own lights,
it is absolutely pitch black down here.
[/GM]

OOC: While there are about five visible doors, they all look rather
like the one that Sir Prrcyvel opened. The stairway is quite wide,
though it looks like there is a lot of broken concrete on it. One of
the subway cars is partially buried, though the interior looks intact,
and it looks like it leads to another car fully under the cave-in.

mightymartianca at gmail.com