[Taocow PBEM] [Ted, Alex, Louissa, Jacek the Borg and Co.] Book 3 - Chapter XIII - The Millennium Druids

Kitsune kitsunefx at netzero.net
Thu Sep 12 13:12:17 UTC 2013

On 09/10/2013 15:48, Aaron Clausen wrote:
> [Louissa]
> "New Poughkeepsie has need of scouts, as well." Louissa says. "I can
> only hope when all of this is done you'll come back with me. You and
> Ted are the only friends I feel like I have in the whole world."
> [/Louissa]
[Alex]
The ex-Coalition Ranger kind of shrugs, she does not seem opposed to the
idea. "Maybe, just have a feeling that there is a lot more that we will
end up going through before any chance to settle to any routine. I am
also the only one left of  the original group that set out, so hard to
say what the future will bring."
[/Alex]

ooc: I don't think anybody remains of the original group all those years ago

> [Taelaen]
> "It seems to me," Taelaen says with a smile, "as if you are something
> of a family yourselves."
>
> She turns back towards the ladder down. "Come, let us return to your
> apartments. Soon there will be a feast to celebrate our victory and
> you're role in it. And then you will meet with the Council."
> [/Taelaen]
[Alex]
"Alright," the red headed scout answers. Not against feasts but does not
really think there is anything to celebrate. Also kind of curious what
the council is going to want.

> The Tree's healing powers are evident. As they pass through areas
> where Splugorth damage was great, they see bark already half-grown
> over, leaves growing back and the smell of burned wood almost gone
> completely. There is a feeling of health about this place.
>
> They are halfway back to the apartments when a Millennium Druid comes
> up to Taelaen and whispers something in her ear. She nods and then
> turns to the company.
>
> "I have been informed that we have captured many weapons and other
> gear. While some of the defenders have use of this, in general we
> prefer to use our mystic arts and the Tree's gifts. It can only be a
> small part of the reward you deserve, but if you like, you may have a
> pick of this equipment."
> [/GM]
>
> [Jacek the Borg]
> The Borg nods. "This I like." he says. He turns to Ted, Alex and
> Louissa. "This may be the only chance any of us has to reprovision and
> re-equip, so I recommend we do so."
> [/Jacek the Borg]

[Alex]
Everything I have heard, the Splugorth slaves make some pretty good
gear," Alex states. "Would not mind having a look at the stuff myself. I
can also use a look to see if I can replace my lost grenades. Seems to
be the biggest thing I tend to burn through unfortunately."