[Taocow PBEM] Fwd: [Ted] Book 3 - Chapter XVII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 20:22:26 UTC 2015

>> [GM]
>> When Ted and the boy reach Ted's "duplicate", they find the slightly
>> different but still familiar lizard shaking his head at the corpse of the
>> other boy.
>>
>> The alter-Ted looks at Ted intently. He telepathically says ~You are
>> not the Splugorth clone. That is well. It seems this rift has opened up
>> a conduit into two alternate universes. I am here to rescue my
>> companion, is it the same with you?~
>>
>> And then Ted, alter-Ted and the boy feel the shudder, and an alarm
>> somewhere up above go off. A voice cab be heard over a loudspeaker
>> "Attack... attack... We be putting under attack... All Malig come...
>> Attack... attack... We be putting under attack."
>>
>> The attacking Malig shout at each other and then run back for the
>> ladder. One of them tosses two canisters down on to floor of the
>> chamber, one landing not more than ten feet from their position.

> Ted remains out of sight until the Malig have all retreated, then he
> psychically addresses his apparent twin: ~Spulgorth clone? Is that what is
> going on here? But why?~

Before alter-Ted can answer, two explosions rip through the chamber.
Other than a bit of heat, everyone is too far down these other pipes
to be harmed, but it creates a fireball that will take a few moments
to recede.

Alter-Ted laughs audibly and says out loud "Strange creatures. Some of
their tools seem fairly advanced, but those two grenades were little
more than gasoline bombs."

He then turns back to Ted, and again out loud, clearly not concerned
about being overheard, continues, "Perhaps it is different in your
dimension. In my dimension I, er, we were cloned by the Splugorth to
create some sort of super-soldier super-general, and the clone is
commanding the Splugorth army. There are three other clones that we
know of, though General Hawke and Prince Osmar believe there may be
more."

~The real question, brother,~ alter-Ted says, going back to psychic
communications, ~is which of us is in the wrong universe. Care to go
up and see which of us is far from home?~

mightymartianca at gmail.com