[Taocow PBEM] [Oz] Book 3 - Chapter XVII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 19:58:15 UTC 2015

>> [GM]
>> It's perhaps fifteen minutes after Oz, Jacek and the ex-bandits return
>> that one of the crew rushes to Oz and Captain Neeson. "Sirs," he says,
>> saluting, "we've spotted something up on the hillside. It looks like,
>> well, it looks like someone is waving a white flag."
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz turns toward the hillside to see if he could spot it with his
> enhanced vision or his suit's sensors. "Send out a squad to bring in
> whoever's carrying that flag. We can talk on the ship; I don't feel
> like walking out into an ambush."
> [/Oz]

[GM[
Oz can see at least three of the strange humanoid creatures waving the
flag. All appear unarmed.

Jacek quickly and efficiently leads a squad, demonstrating once again
that the cyborg, while ruthless, is a commander with a good sense of
tactics. As he and his men take the creatures into custody, the
sergeant reports, "Sir, Alex Hawke has requested assistance. It was
explained that you would like to leave as soon as possible."

A few minutes later Jacek and his mean return with the tree creatures.
They are not bound, but a half a dozen weapons are aimed straight at
them, including Jacek's railgun. They are loathsome creatures;
generally humanoid, but with slightly reddish skin with yellowish
splotches, random bristly hairs sticking out from mole-like bumps. The
heads are large, bald and veined. The eyes are almost reptilian in
appearance, yellowish and glowing with mystic energies. The creatures
are no more than five feet tall, but the limbs still seem too long and
thin somehow, almost emaciated.

One of the creatures bows. "The Big Chief sends me with apology many
over fight," he says, in a voice that most resembles how a frog might
speak. "We no want fight with strange ley line boat people, and will
let leave if leave behind breeders. Make big peace then, and you can
find new breeders."

mightymartianca at gmail.com