[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XVII - Return to Hoburn Hill

Kitsune kitsunefx at netzero.net
Mon Mar 9 01:29:42 UTC 2015

[Alex]
"I am a soldier and scout, I certainly do not feel confident enough in
the ability to just the best course of actions. I certainly do not want
to get caught in a magical storm however," Alex responds.

She looks over at Vesper, "You know far more about magic than I do, what
do you think." Does light up slightly speaking to him. At heart, she is
more than a bit of a romantic.
[/Alex]

On 2015-03-06 20:52, Aaron Clausen wrote:

> [GM]
> The navigator finds a ley line heading eastward. It is a smaller like
> that should avoid any major nexus points, and hopefully anyone seeking
> to follow them. Night slips over the company and then they can clearly
> see the glow of the ruins.
>
> Captain Neeson shakes her head, some worry on her face. "Those are the
> Ghost Lights of Liverman. Some of the light is the nexus points, some
> of it is lingering radiation, and some of it, well if the tales are to
> be believed, are permanently opened rifts; gateways created during the
> dark days of the Apocalypse by the first great sorcerers of the new
> age; gates to unimagined hells."
>
> "What they usually mean," the navigator interjects, "is intense ley
> line activity, which makes sailing on a ley line, even a minor one,
> dangerous. I've seen this glow a few times, but never this bright. And
> the ozone, it is getting stronger."
>
> As the navigator speaks, everyone can smell the sharp odour of ozone,
> and those sensitive to it can feel the growing tingling sensation. A
> ley line storm is brewing.
>
> The area they are entering is hilly, and the ruins themselves are out
> of sight, though the glow is not. A few bluish bolts of lightening
> flash in the sky, and the ship trembles slightly at the energies
> coursing down the ley line.
>
> "We can try to outrun the storm," the Captain says, "or we can take
> the ship off the ley line and hunker down around here."
>
> It is reasonably sheltered. A few houses remain, half fallen down, but
> large and well built to have lasted through these centuries. They look
> to have been mansions, so perhaps this was a suburb of the great city,
> an escape and retreat for its wealthier citizens.

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope of reward,
then we are a sorry lot indeed -
- Albert Einstein, German-born American Physicist

Kitsune
Email:     kitsune at addr.com or kitsunefx at netzero.net
Homepage:  http://www.kitsune.addr.com/