[Taocow PBEM] [Oz] Book 3 - Chapter XVII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed May 27 21:48:36 UTC 2015

>> [GM]
>> Jacek and a couple of his men offer covering fire as Oz heads back
>> towards the ship. When they round the top of the hill, they are once
>> again protected from weapons fire, giving them some respite. It is
>> good fortune that thus far the ship remains unmolested, and indeed,
>> whoever is attacking them can not or will not openly move up the
>> hillside.
>>
>> Captain Neeson drops lines to help everyone aboard, and notes the
>> missing the adventurers. "What are your instructions, Sir Osmar?" she
>> asks. "The ley line storm is still a factor, so taking off could be
>> risky."
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz shakes his head. "We wait for their call. If they need us we'll
> take off and go get them. Otherwise we sit tight. If we get attacked
> we pull out. We should've gone around this place."
> [/Oz]
>
> OOC: I don't really have any ideas. I don't want to risk the ship and
> going in on foot doesn't seem like a good idea. Hunkering down seems
> like the best bet.

OOC: That's alright. That's the GM's job! And I'm always ready to help
idle Player Characters with my award winning patent pending PC
Motivation Process (known to cause piles in the State of California).

[GM]
Captain Neeson seems considerably relieved. She orders a doubling of
the watch, and Jacek orders his men to create a tight parameter around
the ship. "Not so much as a squirrel must get to this ship without us
knowing about it," the full-conversion Borg growls. The dwarf
contingent follows suit, and Oz's sergeant makes sure the New Camelot
soldiers are on full alert.

In the distance, the weapons' fire ceases, to be replaced by the
semi-random sonic hum of the ley lines and the unseen, but still very
near nexus. It is an eerie semi-silence, with only the hushed whispers
to break it.

It's perhaps fifteen minutes after Oz, Jacek and the ex-bandits return
that one of the crew rushes to Oz and Captain Neeson. "Sirs," he says,
saluting, "we've spotted something up on the hillside. It looks like,
well, it looks like someone is waving a white flag."

mightymartianca at gmail.com