[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XVII

Kitsune kitsunefx at netzero.net
Sun Apr 3 09:06:33 UTC 2016

[Alex]
Alex bites her tongue to avoid saying something that might get them
killed. She has faced some pretty long odds however and will not
willingly be the captive soldier.

Telepathically to Vesper, /Can you create a portal to somewhere that we
can get out of here from./

Thinking to her Dagger, /I need you to do a see aura to see if the
General is psychic himself./ If he is not, she is going to listen in on
his thoughts, looking for ways to get out of here otherwise.
[/Alex]

ooc: Depending on his response, she can decide what do from here.

Had some issues as well, first with getting sick and then with having
internet / network issues at home.

On 2016-03-30 16:34, Karl Prosek wrote:
> OOC: Wow, I was only worried he was going to impound our ship. But
> he's imprisoning us, too? Geez.
>
> [GM]
> > "I have gained information that suggests your company will be
> > instrumental in driving the Splugorth back and saving New Camelot. So
> > I am afraid I am left with the unhappy choice of keeping you here. I
> > will, of course, have to take possession of your leyline vessel,
> > though I shall see to it that you are reimbursed. Any who wish to join
> > me are free to, though loyalty will have to be proven."
> >
> > "And before you think of killing me," the General says finally, "I
> > urge you to ponder that this facility has three thousand trained
> > soldiers. You might very well succeed in harming or killing me, but
> > they will avenge me efficiently. Perhaps you imagine kidnapping me,
> > and you can certainly try, but it will avail you little."
> [/GM]
>
> [Oz]
> Oz's face has gone curiously blank, his expression a bland, unreadable
> mask. He nods courteously at the General. "I will not contest your
> control of our ship, General, if I can have your word the civilians
> aboard will be settled someplace suitable and my crew and soldiers
> will not be harmed. As the man who accepted their oaths in the name of
> King Arr'thu, I freely release any of the ship's crew or irregulars
> who wish to join your service. In point of fact, I am sure their
> loyalties to New Camelot are far from concrete. They will likely join
> your forces if given a fair chance."
>
> "There are, however, men and women who swore their oaths to New
> Camelot for love of country and abundance of filial duty. Soldiers who
> will not forswear their oaths. None here have wronged you, General,
> none have turned a weapon against you, and no one on my- now your-
> ship was present during the battle you mention. If we are to be
> imprisoned, sir, I ask that you make the conditions of my unit's
> imprisonment as generous as possible. If given the chance, I am
> certain any or all of them would be glad to stand beside your men to
> face the oncoming alien tide."
>
> "I, however, respectfully protest your decision. I would have been
> happy to fight beside you but I will not lay aside my oath. I will
> give you my parole but will not fight under you as a prisoner, sir."
> [/Oz]
> --

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope of reward,
then we are a sorry lot indeed -
- Albert Einstein, German-born American Physicist

Kitsune
Email:     kitsune at kitsunesden.xyz or kitsunefx at netzero.net
Homepage:  http://kitsunesden.xyz