[Taocow PBEM] [Ted, Vesper and Alex] Book 3 - Chapter XVII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 20:14:54 UTC 2016

>> [GM]
>> "You may continue to use your quarters," the General continues. "Sir
>> Osmar, if you may remain behind, I shall accompany you so that you may
>> talk with your crew and the civilians aboard your ship. We shall make
>> this as orderly as possible."
>>
>> A number of well armed soldiers come up, and Ted, Louissa, Vesper and
>> Alex are escorted back to their quarters. Before they enter, one of
>> the soldiers says "We have orders to confiscate all weapons, including
>> knives, laser cutters, conventional firearms and the like. If you
>> would please," he says, holding up a large box.

> "Your chain of command has our word that we will only fight to defend
> ourselves while within in area of command," the lizard man affirms. He
> has no intention of giving up his weapons either, but also knew it would
> make little difference if he did. He turned to the others, "If the general
> had issue with this, he should have discussed it with us earlier."

> Alex looks over at Vesper and nods. If she can, she is going to step
> behind one of the soldiers, apparently unarmed, and stabs at the guard
> with her dagger. "I am sorry but that is not going to happen." [Strike: 29]

The dagger effortlessly cuts into the soldier's light armor [Damage:
21MD], not enough to pierce through, but enough to damage it badly.

And then the pandemonium begins. As the soldier is whipping around to
take on Alex, the other soldiers are moving swiftly towards Alex,
Vesper and Louissa. Above can be heard a distant explosion, and then
the crackle of intense energy cannon fire. The lights flicker and the
ground rumbles. If there's a chance to overpower the guards, now is
it.

mightymartianca at gmail.com