[Taocow PBEM] [Alex, Vesper, Veronique and Ted] Book 3 - Chapter XVIII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 01:20:11 UTC 2017

>> [GM]
>> The net is magical, and what's more, the energy net quickly
>> disappears, as the orb soaks up the energy. It then rises into the
>> air. The three figures seem uncertain, and then one cries out "It is
>> awake again, quick..." and then the orb's strange suctioning field
>> grabs the figure and pulls it in. Suddenly a cold voice announces from
>> the orb, "In command mode. Awaiting new instructions..."
>>
>> The two remaining figures immediately hoist their staves and aim at the orb...

> "Vesper, Your Call," Alex asks

> "You three, do you know how to control that orb, How do we get our friend
> back ?"

The three warriors seem completely befuddled. "Please wait, we are
attempting to transmit control codes." One of the warriors seems to be
punching grayish patches on his armor, but nothing seems to happen.

"It appears," the warrior says to the company, "that we owe you an
apology. We had assumed you had taken control, but clearly you do not
control this thing

> Vesper was aiming his rifle again.
>
> "I think if we fire that orb will absorb the energy now. Alex if we can command
> it, use those numbers maybe to demand our friend is released."

> Alex draws her dagger, "Got that covered."
> [/Alex]

OOC: I'm going to assume that Alex attempts to use the rune dagger's
psionic powers to input the control codes to the orb.

[GM]
The dagger informs Alex (privately via telepathy) ~I shall attempt
this, but be wary, and be prepared.~

There's a pause for a few seconds, and then the orb speaks again,
"Control is ceded to the rune-trapped entity. Awaiting instructions."

It would appear that the rune dagger now controls the orb. As this
dawns on the remaining warriors they announce, "Our demand now stands
again, deliver us control of the orb."

mightymartianca at gmail.com