[CrackMonkey] Choose Your Irony

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre at deirdre.net
Tue Feb 8 14:50:30 PST 2000

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Monkey Master wrote:

> I see it, I smell it, and I learned to live with it.  Yes,
> it's dirty.  I'd rather be in an interesting dirty place than a dull
> clean place.  Many deserts are quite clean and odor-free, but I
> wouldn't build a life around one.

To me, it's simply not THAT interesting. It's better than many cities.

> > You know, I walked 1700 miles around Ireland, but I don't mistake
> > San Francisco for the be-all end-all of the world.
>
> It's not, but it's a far sight better than anyplace in the
> South Bay.

You see, to me, home is being with someone you care about. I used to
confuse home with places. Any place can be home with the right people.
That's how I wound up in godforsaken places like Lake George NY, Raleigh
NC, Manhattan and Vermont.

OK, they weren't the right people, but at the time, they were the closest
I found to same.

To me, being anywhere with Rick is more interesting (and "far sight
better") than being anywhere without him.

So, you see, TO ME, when you criticize where I live, you ARE criticizing
my relationship. Maybe you didn't realize that. If it weren't for Rick, I
wouldn't have been in San Francisco *at all.*

So if you want to make a request, I'd ask that you actually STAY within
the boundaries you pose.

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.net   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"Mars has been a tough target" -- Peter G. Neumann, Risks Digest Moderator