[CrackMonkey] Re: A cool problem

Morgan J morgan at netizen.com.au
Sun Feb 13 20:03:12 PST 2000

In article <20000213195817.B4625 at zork.net>, Monkey Master wrote:

>	I figured that I'd do this, originally.
>
>	We all agree to answer red.  The first person, upon seeing
>that all the hats are blue will answer "BLUE!" and hope that everybody
>gets the hint all the way down the line.  Most people will see many
>blue hats and probably figure it out.

Which heads the whole thing in the direction of prisoners dillemma, and
interesting questions on how smart the adversary is, exactly.

Fer eggsample, if I heard the say "We'll all say blue" I'd not be
foolish enough to make all the hats red.  Oh no.  I'd make them puce.
Or better yet, aqua.  I can never agree which colour aqua is.  Is it a
green, or a blue? Or a greeny blue?  Or that particular shade of pink
that men claim is purple.  That would show them.

Morgan