[CrackMonkey] Re: A cool problem

Monkey Master monkeymaster at crackmonkey.org
Sun Feb 13 20:49:58 PST 2000

begin  Seth David Schoen quotation:
> Monkey Master writes:
> > 	We all agree to answer red.  The first person, upon seeing
> > that all the hats are blue will answer "BLUE!" and hope that
> > everybody gets the hint all the way down the line.  Most people
> > will see many blue hats and probably figure it out.
>
> Remember that the adversary can hear this conversation. :-)

	The only conversation is "We all answer RED!".  The idea that
the enemy arranges all blue hats is based on their maximization of
damage based on our conversation.  Yet anyone with half a brain seeing
a row full of blue hats would realize what has happened and shout
blue.

	This is just taking into account the fact that the enemy is as
predictable as any of the other factors (for example the enemy won't
put on  ambiguously colored hats, as Morgan suggested).