[CrackMonkey] witty c++ text

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Fri Feb 18 07:13:44 PST 2000

On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 11:24:26PM -0800, Deirdre Saoirse wrote:

> Oh bah. Like you said about my time in San Francisco, I think you've
> exaggerated the downside of the South Bay.

I don't think so. A couple good technical bookstores, some decent places
to get computer and stereo hardware, and Hobee's blueberry coffee cake
do not make up for the South Bay's inadequacies in transportation, live
music, good bars, and high-quality burritos. Suburbia doesn't scale,
and a good employer in a corporate office park wasteland is like a fast
Linux server on the wrong side of a 14kbps modem connection.  Quality of
life counts.

--
Don Marti                 Burn all GIFs: http://burnallgifs.org/
dmarti at zgp.org                 Linux rules: http://srom.zgp.org/