[CrackMonkey] witty c++ text

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Feb 18 10:30:52 PST 2000

Quoting Don Marti Uses GIFs on the Sly (dmarti at zgp.org):

> Caltrain mitigates this a little bit, but is no substitute for
> being able to walk or ride a bike to a friend's house, library,
> store, or movie.  And the South Bay is actually much _better_
> than most suburbia.

Oddly enough, the Peninsula and South Bay are markedly more
bicycle-friendly than San Francisco is.  I repeatedly let learner's
permits expire out of lack of interest until age 22, because my bicycle
and Southern Pacific train service (now called CalTrain) sufficed.

San Francisco, by way of illustration, has received state funds for
bicycle transportation for the past couple of decades.  Every year for
a long time, it illegally diverted those funds to other city expenses.
(This may still be going on:  I'm not sure.)

--
Cheers,                Linux:  It is now safe to turn on your computer.
Rick Moen