[CrackMonkey] witty c++ text

Peter Peterson II pedro at zork.net
Fri Feb 18 11:35:06 PST 2000

begin  Monkey Master quotation:
> begin  Deirdre Schmeirdre quotation:
> > So, would you raise your kids in San Francisco? If so, why? If not,
> > why not?
>
> 	When raising a child, I want to be able to have an
> intellectually rich environment.  Suburbia may be easier on the
> parents, because many of them have already stopped exploring their
> environments and don't care if they live in a bleak monotonous
> landscape.  But children need engagement.

I'm sorry that you think cities are the only sufficiently
intellectually rich environment in which to raise children.

I think cities are easier on parents because there are a million
places to send them to get them out of your hair. I think most urban
parents assume that their kids are doing worthwhile things because they're
not willing to be active enough to actually know. Some people are
lucky and find good things to do. Parents and the people in your
environment can shape these things, regardless of where you live.
Certainly it's different kinds of stimulation, but to say that one is
more intellectually valid or worthwhile is BLIND.

No, no, you have a point. It's a REAL SHAME that i had absolutely no
engagement in Poplar, WI pop. 516. If I had only lived in a city. Oh
the humanity. Think of how much more fulfilling my life could be.

> 	I wouldn't DREAM of raising children in ANYTHING BUT a city.

Nick, it's rather shocking how foolishly close-minded that statement is.
SOMETIMES I THINK YOU WANT TO FAIL.

P. A. Peterson II -- pedro at zork.net