[CrackMonkey] witty c++ text

Michael Jennings mej at valinux.com
Fri Feb 18 12:20:12 PST 2000

On Friday, 18 February 2000, at 11:55:44 (-0800),
Monkey Master wrote:

> 	I have nothing against state parks and undeveloped forest
> land.  If anything they're more intellectually engaging than many
> cities.

Sure, if your idea of intellectual engagement is pondering the nature
of a tree's existance.

I do enough thinking at work, looking at thousands of lines of C all
day every day.  Forests and parks (and couches in front of TV sets
with alcoholic beverages in easy reach) are places to go when you're
sick of thinking and just want to *do* stuff, or do nothing at all.

For the record, I grew up in a church town in Kentucky, population
4,000.  But I was only a 20-30 minute drive from a mid-size city
(500-600,000 people), which is probably why I didn't turn out to be a
redneck tobacco farmer like half my graduating class.  It takes much
longer to drive 20 miles in a John Deere.

Michael

--
 "What's so sacred about programming code?"  "It's the only sacred
  thing there is, Dennis, alright?  It's the only thing that I have