[CrackMonkey] witty c++ text

Joey Hess joey at kitenet.net
Fri Feb 18 17:09:55 PST 2000

Michael Jennings wrote:
> I do enough thinking at work, looking at thousands of lines of C all
> day every day.  Forests and parks (and couches in front of TV sets
> with alcoholic beverages in easy reach) are places to go when you're
> sick of thinking and just want to *do* stuff, or do nothing at all.

I find I do my best thinking when I'm not in front of a screen. Immediate
gratification tends to distract one before one thinks things all the way
through.

> For the record, I grew up in a church town in Kentucky, population
> 4,000.  But I was only a 20-30 minute drive from a mid-size city
> (500-600,000 people), which is probably why I didn't turn out to be a
> redneck tobacco farmer like half my graduating class.  It takes much
> longer to drive 20 miles in a John Deere.

For the record, I grew up on a farm and played in the woods every day. I can
cut, hang, cure, and sort tobacco too. Not that I'm *ever* going to do that
again.

--
see shy jo