[CrackMonkey] Uh...

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Tue Feb 22 14:55:44 PST 2000

On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 02:48:58PM -0800, Monkey Master wrote:

> 	Every time anyone has mentioned softupdates on the linux
> kernel list, people have said "So what?  ext3 will have journaling".
> This is a stupid move, and shows ignorance of what softupdates really
> does.

Josef Grosch, another FreeBSD hacker, system administrator, and new
hire at Sendmail, Inc. had another idea -- do a benchmark that involves
creating and deleting lots of small files, since FreeBSD can do all
that in memory without touching the disk. "We can beat the [expletive
deleted] out of anybody," he said. And, he added, "Do yourself a favor,
don't get married. After marriage, the toys stop."

http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/linuxworldtoday/lwt-behind2.html

--
Don Marti                 Burn all GIFs: http://burnallgifs.org/
dmarti at zgp.org                 Linux rules: http://srom.zgp.org/