[CrackMonkey] Lindsey Graham

Mike Goldman whig at debian.org
Wed Feb 23 10:18:42 PST 2000

Monkey Master wrote:

> begin  Mike Goldman quotation:
> > The only thing to do in the present circumstance is abstain.
> > Participation connotes acceptance of the process, and hence consent
> > to the result.
>
>         The only way to win is not to play at all, eh?  Well my vote
> is a vote AGAINST.

Oh, you want to WIN!  Okay, then.  It's just like they say when they
advertise the FUCKING LOTTERY, you gotta play to win.  Personally, I think
the lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math.  And they don't even
give you FREE BOOZE or COMPS or ANYTHING.

>         Besides, I have to vote in order to vote in the ballot
> proposition that would put "None of the above" on CA ballots.  They
> said they won't count it, but at least it will start giving statistics
> of fed-up voters.

There ARE statistics of fed-up NON-voters.  Not that they care or anything.

> > In other words, if you DO vote, you have no business complaining
> > about the fairness of the outcome.
>
>         Bullshit.  Voting is no longer endorsement.

Voluntary participation in ANY activity implicitly condones it.  Are you
saying that voting is an EXCEPTION to this?