[CrackMonkey] Another outage! Wheee!

Monkey Master monkeymaster at crackmonkey.org
Sun Feb 27 11:54:34 PST 2000

Well, Verio has decided that the zork.net/crackmonkey.org IP address
does NOT DESERVE TO BE ON THE NET.  They've filtered it out at one of
their routers and I can't get a straight answer on why.  My oly clue
is that mom.computerrific.net kept checking the crackmonkey Web site
repeatedly, as if waiting for it to go down.  mom.computerrific.net
appears from a cursory scan to be a Windows box.

BUT, this machine can talk to any machine on the linuxcabal and
imat.com networks!  As such, I have both an incoming backup MX (thank
you, Seth!) and an outgoing relay (thank you, RRC!) on the local
segment, and can send and receive mail in the zork.net domain.

I am finally getting off my ass and fixing my other domains, but in
the meantime, please send mail to crackmonkey at zork.net.

I'll be arguing with the verio NOC for quite some time, I'm sure.