[CrackMonkey] Another outage! Wheee!

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Feb 28 02:14:36 PST 2000

Quoting Nick Moffitt (monkeymaster at crackmonkey.org):

> Well, Verio has decided that the zork.net/crackmonkey.org IP address
> does NOT DESERVE TO BE ON THE NET.  They've filtered it out at one of
> their routers and I can't get a straight answer on why.

Your netblock is, I believe, a TLG one.  TLG would not have been
so clueless as to behave in that fashion.  I doubt that even Best
Internet would have suffered such a severe misapprehension of security
issues (or such an unprofessional failure to communicate with customers)
-- but clearly Verio does.

But, on the basis of what I've heard about Verio, it doesn't surprise
me.  That also matches the slight decline in service quality when
Jennings et alii sold TLG to Best, and the massive one when Verio
gobbled Best.

I'm betting that you have grandfathered-in TLG rights, and can compel
these clowns.  But you might prefer to move to other service, and the
other entities at 744 Harrison may feel likewise.

rick (at) linuxmafia.com  modern-American-English-usage-improvement association