[CrackMonkey][drg@verio.net: malicious code on www.crackmonkey.org]

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Feb 29 17:52:14 PST 2000

Quoting Mike Goldman (whig at debian.org):

> So, in other words, you can be responsible for "other lawful
> activities that VERIO DETERMINES to be harmful" but "the
> responsibility for avoiding the harmful activities rests primarily
> with the subscriber."  In consequence of Verio's determination that an
> activity is harmful, they can "remove information, block
> transmissions, or take any other action."
>
> Welcome to VERIO - We OWN your network!

They have certainly proven themselves to be the biggest chowderheads I
have thus far seen their industry -- against fearsome competition.
Among the highlights is where the Grabowski thug included _me_ as a
recipient of his legal threat (with me having never heard from this
person before, for any reason).   I pointed out the lack of
professionalism and incompetence displayed thereby, and referred him to
my attorney.  (Lacking the least semblance of clue, he wrote back,
anyway.)

The sanctimoniousness of these corporate jerkoffs is galling, but their
technical and customer-relations incompetence is the last straw.  No
more business from the Linux technical community, if I have anything to
do with it.

--
Cheers,                        My pid is Inigo Montoya.  You kill -9
Rick Moen                      my parent process.  Prepare to vi.