[CrackMonkey] [jammers@adbusters.org: WORLD CAR FREE DAY]

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Sep 1 15:39:18 PDT 2000

begin  Paul J Collins quotation:

> Alas, that is exactly what I am paid to do.  I'm aware it's damaging
> me.

It's certainly not a bad job to have, and may even be personally
rewarding.  But there are better ones, and moreover ones that help
build the free software world, rather than help prop up the nastier
parts of the proprietary one.

Speaking for myself, it's made a noticeable qualitative difference
in my life.  And I get more of a sense that I'm _really_ helping people
with computers, rather than assisting in perpetuating a blot in _their_
lives that should be gotten rid of.

--
Cheers,                   "Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm
Rick Moen                 for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he will be warm