[CrackMonkey] Hey!

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre at deirdre.net
Wed Sep 6 22:42:21 PDT 2000

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Joakim Ziegler wrote:

> > In the embedded market, I'll bet on BeOS.
>
> Yeah, because if you're selling $100 electronic thingies and need an
> embedded OS, you're sure to want to pay lots of bucks per license for
> something you don't even get the source for, and was originally
> designed for multimedia workstations. Yup.

The cost of BeOS costs significantly less than the memory required to run
X and a web browser. In fact, BeOS fits *with a gui AND a web browser* in
the space of the Linux kernel.

But, I forgot, you work at Helix "just throw it all in there" code. Yeah
right.

"More damage has been caused by innocent program crashes than by
malicious viruses, but they don't make great stories."
                   --  Jean-Louis Gassee, Be Newsletter, Issue 69