[CrackMonkey] Do you GUI writers dream of such a question...?

Jeff Waugh jdub at aphid.net
Thu Sep 7 19:56:53 PDT 2000

> Joakim Ziegler wrote:
>
> There's a common misconception that gb is going to be some sort of general
> scripting system for GNOME.

Aye - thankfully not one I share. I've enjoyed hearing explanations all the
way from, "This is a very important feature we're working on for
compatibility" to, "This is *not* important, this is *only* for
compatibility, this doesn't matter - in fact just ignore it." :)

> Leading the way at the moment are Gnumeric,
> Nautilus and Evolution.

And EOG of course! ;)

> Oh, and Star/Open Office is going to be all Bonobo components, and thus
> generically scriptable as well.

Mmm. Very tough path.

- Jeff

-- jdub at aphid.net ----------------------------------- http://slug.org.au/ --

        Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so
                     cold of heart as never to express it.