[CrackMonkey] TNICNAZ report (from amber.anticlimactic.org)

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Fri Sep 29 16:17:29 PDT 2000

    00Sep29 11:11:33 AM From CrackMonkey
Last night was thursday night, and as we all know, Thursday Night is
Crackmonkey Night at Zeitgeist.

 Pitchers of gunness, and $1 tamales from The Tamale Lady.  Life
doesn't get much better than that.  I spit on your 99cent value-menu.

 The tamale lady is a vision in blue, like the holy grail.  She comes
in procession, bearing two igloo coolers and a bottle of hot sauce.
She has five varieties of tamale: chicken, beef, pork, cheese, and
veggie.

 She patiently scowls as you make your order, and she makes the rounds
of the Zeitgeist courtyard calmly, setting her wares down on the
picnic tables to prepare them.

 We all crowd around our beers, willing her into existence.

 But last night she actually came.

    00Sep29 11:16:27 AM From CrackMonkey
Another benefit to being near the Mission is that there's this great
store on 16th and Valencia that sells all things mate.  Yerba mate is
a good substitute for crack.

 It's an herb that contains some kind of xanthene that has a much
nicer and smoother effect than caffeine.  You just get really perky.

 And after enough cups (10 or 12), you start to feel mild narcotic
effects.

 It's a social drink, typically made in a gourd.  The gourd has a
couple tablespoons of mate and about 300mL of water.  It should be
warm/hot water, but not off-the-boil as you would do with tea or
coffee.  You drink through a metal filter straw (called a bambillo, I
think) and pass it along to a friend, who adds another spoonfull of
mate and more water before drinking it down and passing it along
further.

 The bambillo is shared, and much like the proverbial bong-passing,
nobody gets hung up about germs.  You just drink.

 Look for an upcoming series of mate articles on pigdog.org (the
online handbook for bad people of the future).

Pigdog.Org      - The Online Handbook for Bad People of the Future
                You are not entitled to your opinions.