[free-sklyarov] RE: [NotDmcaLa] Long term thoughts [was: Sen. Hatch "commends" DOJ for Sklyarov arrest, IP prosecutions]

Tom tom at lemuria.org
Wed Aug 1 17:42:00 PDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 12:05:15AM -0700, Victor Piterbarg wrote:
> artists are manufactured by the record labels. These are the "artists" that
> make the most money FOR the corporations. And I think that if we approached
> Britney Spears with eloquent anti-DMCA arguments, the best we could hope for
> is a shiny smile or a giggle.

go to the EX "boy band of the year" guys. some of them have started
solo careers, forget those. search out the ones who were dropped by the
wayside like discarded paper towels. AFAIK they earned next to nothing
for all the millions they brought the company. they got free 1st class
hotels and a wild trip, and some spare change.

they just might be seing their former bosses with very different eyes
today.

--
-- http://web.lemuria.org