[free-sklyarov] U.S. DOD looking for pro-Sklyarov pages

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Wed Aug 29 00:44:52 PDT 2001

on Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 11:46:29PM -0500, Peter A. Peterson II (pedro at tastytronic.net) wrote:
> Quoting Charles Eakins:
> > Ok this is freaking me out, this is my log:
>
> >From the Chicago pages. There are many, many entries like this.
>
> bu-wcs2-kelly.nipr.mil - - [22/Aug/2001:03:46:18 -0500] "GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.0" 404 204
> bu-wcs2-kelly.nipr.mil - - [22/Aug/2001:03:46:18 -0500] "GET /free-sklyarov/chicago-protest-information.txt HTTP/1.0" 200 8830

NIPRNet is the Non-classified IP Router Network.  It's essentially a set
of gateways through which unclassified Pentegon internet traffic
travels.  It has a counterpart, SIPRNet, the Secure IP Router Network.

Whether NIPRNet is a gateway for spooks or not I really don't know.  But
it's likely that there's going to be a large number of internal sites
routed through the NIPRNet gateways.

The fact that a small number of documents are apparently being searched
for does suggest some for of intelligence gathering.

My own intelligence gathering resource of choice is Google:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=niprnet

Cheers.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>          http://kmself.home.netcom.com/