[free-sklyarov] "Oh, that's even more dangerous. John Stossel "

Raymond Moyers rmoyers at nop.org
Wed Aug 29 17:38:20 PDT 2001

 What a laugh, a person that supports bloostained leftist mass murder
 of 200 million people is now in a whine because the jack booted
 thugs of the powerfull goverment he wanted now has one of their
 own.

 No wonder Lenin called you people "usefull idiots"

 Raymond

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the
 United States) assert that all power is inherent in the
 people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that
 it is their right and duty to be at all times armed and
 that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of
 religion, freedom of property, and freedom of press."
 - Thomas Jefferson
"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action, according to our
will, within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of
 others."                        -- Thomas Jefferson
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The
strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep
and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government"
   -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere
restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor
 with all that's good"     -- George Washington
"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is
that they be properly armed."
   -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India,
history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation
of arms, as the blackest."      -- Mahatma Gandhi
"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish
their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the
people, and making it an offense to keep arms."
             -- Constitutional scholar Joseph Story, 1840
"The bearing of arms is the essential medium through which
the individual asserts both his social power and his
participation in politics as a responsible moral being..."
-- J.G.A. Pocock, describing the beliefs of the founders of the U.S.
"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this
gives [only] moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness,
enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with
the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the
body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun,
therefore, be the constant companion to your walks."
     -- Thomas Jefferson, writing to his teenaged nephew.
"Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like
cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!'
 in a crowded theater."                -- Peter Venetoklis
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not
only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the
preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily
life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice
 for that freedom."                    -- John F. Kennedy
The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly
been considered as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;
since it offers a strong moral check against usurpation and
arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these
are successful in the first instance, enable the people to
resist and triumph over them."
-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story of the John Marshall Court
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;
like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never
for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action."
         -- George Washington, in a speech of January 7, 1790
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."
[...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.]
-- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),
False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real
advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that
would take fire from men because it burns, and water because
one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except
destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are
laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
-- Cesare Beccaria, as quoted by Thomas Jefferson's Commonplace book
No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people.
The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman
and a slave.
-- "Political Disquisitions", a British republican tract
 of 1774-1775
& what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are
not warned from time to time that his people preserve the
spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.
-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Col. William S. Smith, 1787
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect
every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing
will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give
up that force, you are inevitably ruined."
         -- Patrick Henry, June 5 1788
Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing
degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our
own defence? Where is the difference between having our
arms in our own possession and under our own direction,
and having them under the management of Congress? If our
defence be the *real* object of having those arms, in whose
hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal
safety to us, as in our own hands?
         -- Patrick Henry, speech of June 9 1788
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual
 way to enslave them."  -- George Mason, June 14, 1788
"The great object is, that every man be armed. [...] Every
one who is able may have a gun." -- Patrick Henry, June 14 1788
That the said Constitution shall never be construed to
authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the
press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people
of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping
their own arms...  -- Samuel Adams, in "Phila. Independent
 Gazetteer", August 20, 1789
The danger (where there is any) from armed citizens, is only
to the *government*, not to *society*; and as long as they
have nothing to revenge in the government (which they cannot
have while it is in their own hands) there are many advantages
in their being accustomed to the use of arms, and no possible
disadvantage.  -- Joel Barlow
Every Communist must grasp the truth, 'Political power grows
out of the barrel of a gun.'     -- Mao Tse-tung, 1938
The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be
to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms.
History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their
subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall
by doing so.                      -- Hitler, April 11 1942
The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
-- A.E. Van Vogt, "The Weapon Shops Of Isher", ASF December 1942
Certainly one of the chief guarantees of freedom under any
government, no matter how popular and respected, is the right
of the citizens to keep and bear arms. [...] the right of
the citizens to bear arms is just one guarantee against
arbitrary government and one more safeguard against a
tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which
historically has proved to be always possible.
		      -- Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960
No matter how one approaches the figures, one is forced to
the rather startling conclusion that the use of firearms in
crime was very much less when there were no controls of any
sort and when anyone, convicted criminal or lunatic, could
buy any type of firearm without restriction. Half a century
of strict controls on pistols has ended, perversely, with a
far greater use of this weapon in crime than ever before.
          -- Colin Greenwood, "Firearms Control", 1972
Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget
what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights:
An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and
the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the
government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police,
the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government
-- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws."
              -- Edward Abbey, "Abbey's Road", 1979
The conclusion is thus inescapable that the history, concept,
and wording of the second amendment to the Constitution of
the United States, as well as its interpretation by every major
commentator and court in the first half-century after its
ratification, indicates that what is protected is an individual
right of a private citizen to own and carry firearms in a peaceful
manner.
-- Report of the Subcommittee On The Constitution of the Committee On
   The Judiciary, United States Senate, 97th Congress, second session
   (February, 1982), SuDoc# Y4.J 89/2: Ar 5/5
In recent years it has been suggested that the Second Amendment
protects the "collective" right of states to maintain militias,
while it does not protect the right of "the people" to keep and
bear arms. If anyone entertained this notion in the period during
which the Constitution and the Bill of Rights were debated and
ratified, it remains one of the most closely guarded secrets of
the eighteenth century, for no known writing surviving from the
period between 1787 and 1791 states such a thesis.
          -- Stephen P. Halbrook
To make inexpensive guns impossible to get is to say that
you're putting a money test on getting a gun. It's racism
in its worst form.
-- Roy Innis, president of the Congress of Racial Equality (CORE), 1988
Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons.
If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.
			  -- Yoshimi Ishikawa
The whole of the Bill [of Rights] is a declaration of the
right of the people at large or considered as individuals...
It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable
and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive
them of.                    -- Albert Gallatin, Oct 7 1789
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize
they can bribe the people with their own money.
                           -- Alexis de Tocqueville
Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption
of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the
Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers
of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to
govern well, but they mean to govern.
They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
                                         -- Daniel Webster
The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised
over any member of a civilized community, against his will,
is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical
or moral, is not a sufficient warrant
  -- John Stuart Mill, "On Liberty", 1859
You [should] not examine legislation in the light of the
benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in
the light of the wrongs it would do and the harm it would
cause if improperly administered.
    -- President Lyndon Johnson
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its
victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live
under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.
The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity
may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for
our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with
the approval of their consciences.          -- C. S. Lewis
It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our
liberties. We hold this prudent jealousy to be the first
duty of citizens and one of the noblest characteristics of
the late Revolution. The freemen of America did not wait
till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise and
entangled the question in precedents. They saw all the
consequences in the principle, and they avoided the
consequences by denying the principle. We revere this
lesson too much ... to forget it          -- James Madison.
It will be of little avail to the people, that the laws are
made by men of their own choice, if the laws be so voluminous
that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot
be understood; if they be repealed or revised before they are
promulgated, or undergo such incessant changes that no man,
who knows what the law is to-day, can guess what it will be
to-morrow. Law is defined to be a rule of action; but how can
that be a rule, which is little known, and less fixed?
   -- James Madison, Federalist Papers 62
I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the
Constitution which grant[s] a right to Congress of expending,
on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.
                               -- James Madison, 1794
..every Man has a Property in his own Person. This no Body
has any Right to but himself. The Labour of his Body, and
the Work of his Hands, we may say, are properly his. ....
The great and chief end therefore, of Mens uniting into
Commonwealths, and putting themselves under Government,
is the Preservation of their Property.
 -- John Locke, "A Treatise Concerning Civil Government"
The people cannot delegate to government the power to do
anything which would be unlawful for them to do themselves.
  - John Locke, "A Treatise Concerning Civil Government"
The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered
considerably by the Prohibition law. For nothing is more
destructive of respect for the government and the law of
the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced.
It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime
in this country is closely connected with this.
-- Albert Einstein, "My First Impression of the U.S.A.", 1921
Don't ever think you know what's right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what's right for you.
                    -- Paul Williams, `Das Energi'
"...The Bill of Rights is a literal and absolute document.
The First Amendment doesn't say you have a right to speak
out unless the government has a 'compelling interest' in
censoring the Internet. The Second Amendment doesn't say
you have the right to keep and bear arms until some madman
plants a bomb. The Fourth Amendment doesn't say you have
the right to be secure from search and seizure unless some
FBI agent thinks you fit the profile of a terrorist. The
government has no right to interfere with any of these
freedoms under any circumstances."  -- Harry Browne
It would be thought a hard government that should tax its
 people one tenth part.              -- Benjamin Franklin
Still, if you will not fight for the right when you can
easily win without bloodshed, if you will not fight when
your victory will be sure and not so costly, you may come
to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds
against you and only a precarious chance for survival.
There may be a worse case. You may have to fight when there
is no chance of victory, because it is better to perish than
to live as slaves.                     --Winston Churchill
"Are we to understand," asked the judge, "that you hold
your own interests above the interests of the public?"

"I hold that such a question can never arise except in a
society of cannibals."                       -- Ayn Rand
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did, and
it never will. Find out just what people will submit to,
and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and
wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will
continue until they are resisted with either words or blows,
or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the
endurance of those whom they oppress.  -- Frederick Douglass
A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one
can take from you.                      -- Ramsey Clark
The politician attempts to remedy the evil by increasing
the very thing that caused the evil in the first place:
legal plunder.                      -- Frederick Bastiat
The Constitution is not neutral. It was designed to take
the government off the backs of the people.
                            -- Justice William O. Douglas
Society in every state is a blessing, but government even
in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst
state an intolerable one; for when we suffer, or are exposed
to the same miseries *by a government*, which we might expect
in a country *without government*, our calamities is heightened
by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer."
                                           -- Thomas Paine
"The power to tax involves the power to destroy;...the power
to destroy may defeat and render useless the power to create...."
-- Chief Justice John Marshall, 1819.
clintonsoft.c:666: warning: `morality_and_integrity' defined but not used
Raymond Moyers N5LAX             email:  rmoyers at nop.org